Saturday, January 17, 2009

Anatomy of a Smile


It's January and I've found myself back at school/work and trying to keep my head above water. Nursing, pumping, maintaining interest in what i'm doing, maintaining a relationship with my overworked/used husband, keeping financial disaster at bay, etc. etc.

whew. i'm winded just thinking about it, and it's my day OFF!

Dylan is almost 4 months now, and he can take your mind away from all the crap with a single smile. He has this huge, mouth agape kite-shaped smile that seems to want to consume everything in the room he has just lit up. It makes my heart melt, and sigh knowing there are many more milestones that I will not be able to experience all the time. I'm glad to no end that Everett is at home with him. I love him even more for wanting to be there.

I suppose all the things that are rocking my world are side steps to becoming a bigger stronger person, able to raise and exist within a family, and more tolerant of small potatoes. I wish, though, that this pumping bonanza would be a little less inconvenient, stressful, and - i'll say it- painful. I can't believe i signed up for this!

And then i see him smile............

pax

No comments: